What a day!
Thousands of people across Minnesota participated in #DineOutSomalia on April 7th by patronizing at one or more of the 50 participating restaurants and coffee shops. We are amazed at how many people expressed their joy in doing good as well as finding new places to eat right in their neighborhood.
How much was raised?
On April 7th, we were able to raised almost $70,000 from participating businesses. In addition, we had over $2,000 of individual donations from people who couldn't participate the day of but wanted to also help. In the two weeks after, we had more businesses donate and add an additional $30k to bring our grand total up to $100,000. Click here to see the PDF of the total donations collected.
Recipients of Funds
- American Somali Relief Agency - $5k
- Somali-American Relief Organization - $5k
- Arlaadi Aid - $5k
- Hilaac Foundation, Sanaag, and MN Community of African People with Disabilities - $15k
- American Relief Agency for the Horn of Africa (ARAHA) - $15k
- Amoud Foundation - $15k
- Humanitarian African Relief Organization (HARO) - $20k
- Read Horn of Africa USA - $20k
We can't say it enough
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
With your support, our participating businesses and individual donors collectively raised $100,000 to support 8 great relief projects! Click here to see the PDF of businesses that participated! Stay tuned as we make plans to extend our fundraising so we can reach our $150k goal. Thank you to everyone who has helped in any way! The support and passion has been unbelievable. Let's keep it up!